- Vodafone brings public services to TV in a partnership with Agência para a Modernidade Administrativa, under the program Simplex
- App ‘Serviços Públicos’ will allow citizens to take digital tickets, schedule medical appointments or join Mobile Digital Key from TV
- This service is available from today for Vodafone TV Clients
Assuming a pioneering position in providing innovative services to its Clients, Vodafone Portugal is the first Television Operator in Portugal to introduce a set of public services, available straight from the TV screen.
Under the program Simplex, a national state modernization program, Vodafone answers the challenge that AMA, Agência para a Modernidade Administrativa, set – to improve the Public Administration’s digital services by creating the App ‘Serviços Públicos’.
Therefore, from now on, Vodafone Clients with TV Box will be able to access a set of services from public entities in a simple and comfortable way, through an app specifically created for that purpose. Among the available services in the App TV ‘Serviços Públicos’ are:
- Mobile Digital Key: after requesting the Mobile Digital Key through the TV Box, in order to assure the safety of the process, AMA will send a letter of confirmation of the request to the user’s address;
- Issuance of digital tickets for public entities’ services, such as Instituto do Emprego e Formação Profissional (IEFP), Instituto da Mobilidade e dos Transportes (IMT) and Social Security. After the request, clientes receive a confirmation texto message from the required service and the number of the ticket that was attributed to them.
During the next months, Vodafone will provide two complementary services, created with the goal of improving people’s quality of life:
- Renewal of Cartão de Cidadão e Changing of Address;
- Scheduling of Medical Appointments and consultation of medical prescriptions.
With this release, Vodafone reinforces its commitment in being active in the current digital revolution. Vodafone Portugal intends to improve consumers and enterprises’ access to digital products and services, contributing to an economy and society more and more developed and to a more competitive Country.