- New Vodafone TV, available starting today, has been designed out of Lisbon for the whole world
- It includes “Intelligent Voice Search”, a pioneer feature in Portugal
- Another unique hallmark is the “Kids’ Space”, with sophisticated parental controls
Today, Vodafone Portugal is launching its television of the future, a complete and innovative user experience totally geared towards the customer, while also tailored to each customer’s preferences. With this launch, Vodafone strengthens its leadership position as a supplier of the best television experience in Portugal, addressing new user habits for television content among Portuguese consumers.
Some of the differentiating pioneer features of Vodafone’s new television include:
- Intelligent Voice Search: the only television in Portugal with an intelligent search engine using a more progressive natural language recognition technology. The feature incorporates various search criteria such as movie title, names of actors, date, genre and others;
- Kids’ Space: an area with content just for children, organized by channel and characters, where avatars can be created to identify each child in the family. Its sophisticated parental controls include a “bedtime” setting which automatically blocks access to the TV;
- More user-friendly, intuitive and intelligent interface: using artificial intelligence algorithms, it immediately shows recommendations customized to each user’s tastes. At the same time, it offers an experience more focused on content, allowing programs to be resumed right where they left off
With more immediate access, Vodafone’s new television also provides a better user experience for apps currently available – HBO Portugal and YouTube – together with new ones, such as YouTube Kids and Public Services, an app available only on Vodafone TV, which can issue electronic passwords and renew citizen’s cards, among other features.
Vodafone’s new television is supported by the new VBox 4K. With a stylish, more compact design, the VBox 4K has an automatic power saving mode which consumes less energy, and can work with a Wi-Fi connection. Its remote control is lighter and more ergonomic, and works with a Bluetooth connection, so it no longer has to be pointed at the box. This product was the winner of the international “RedDot Award” product design and communication design award.
“Vodafone’s main goal is to always give its customers what they want to watch, with the best television experience, driven by the market’s best telecommunications network. At a time when consumer habits are changing, Vodafone keeps pace with trends, offering television made for everyone but also tailored to each individual, with an innovative, more immersive user interface geared towards increasingly more customized content,” says António Margato, Consumer Marketing Manager of Vodafone Portugal.
Developed at the TV Hub – Vodafone Portugal’s competency centre based in Lisbon, which designs and exports the television platform to the Vodafone Group’s different markets – this new solution offers customers state-of-the-art technology with an innovative, disruptive television experience unprecedented in Portugal.
Vodafone’s new TV is available starting today for all customers who have signed up for the new TV Net Voice HBO packages and all convergent TV Net Voice + Mobile packages.
Actor Rodrigo Santoro Joins Ana and Diogo in a Multimedia Campaign
To mark the launch of Vodafone’s new TV, a multimedia campaign is starting today on television, Internet, stores and outdoor mediums – advertising boards and large formats.
The campaign’s videos feature the brand’s main personalities – Ana Guiomar and Diogo Valsassina – who are approached by various people in day-to-day situations with requests for what they want to see on television. The two actors end up revealing the service’s main features, showing how Vodafone’s new TV was made with each individual in mind, while also being incredible for everyone.
The campaign also includes the very special involvement of the well-known Brazilian actor Rodrigo Santoro, who will show one of the main advantages of Vodafone’s new TV: Intelligent Voice Search.